Our One-to-One Dress Policy
"We will not sell the same style twice to your school"
The Grad Central Registry®
When you buy from Grad Central, online or in-store, we’ll register your dress for your school and you can rest easy we won’t sell the same style again to your school* (not even in another colour). Remember to shop early while the selection is good!
*Some exceptions may apply. See below.
How it works
When you buy from Grad Central’s Online Store, you’ll be asked at checkout for your school and wear date. Our system will automatically make a registry check for your school. If the style is already registered for your school you will be asked to make another dress selection.
If there's any question about your school name or location we'll contact you immediately. Payment in full is required before dress registration takes effect.
Buying In Store
When you shop at our Victoria store we consult "the list" for your school and we make sure you don't fall in love with a dress that's already been sold there. And, once you buy from us, we’re very careful to make sure your dress style doesn’t even get into the change room with someone else from your school. Although we do tell our customers that a particular style has already been sold to her school, we always respect the privacy of our customers and we never say who bought what!
*The fine print
- Once the sale is confirmed and paid in full, Grad Central will register the style for the school event provided by the customer, and we promise not to intentionally sell the same style again for that school event.
- The registry applies to identical manufacturer and identical style number only, as sold by Grad Central. Similar dress styles and similar colours may be sold to the same school.
- Grad Central registers a formal grad dress for a single school grad formal function only, one per school. We do not “double register” a dress for two or more events.
- Short dresses and certain sale items are not registered.
- We will sell identical dress styles to students attending other schools.
- Identical or similar dresses may be sold by another seller, regardless of school. We do not register or keep track of sales by other retailers or sellers, and we do not share our sales information with other retailers or sellers.
- The content of the Grad Central dress registry regarding school and wear date relies solely on information provided by our customers, who also have the option of not registering the dress for any school. We are not responsible for nor can we prevent someone from wearing a dress registered for one school or event to another school or event. We are not responsible for nor can we prevent someone from wearing a non-registered dress to any event.
- The Grad Central Registry is offered as a convenience to paying Grad Central customers only, and remains the property of Grad Central. The privacy of our customers is extremely important to us. Dress styles and related functions contained in the registry are revealed solely at the discretion of Grad Central personnel and only to facilitate our customer's style selection.
- Although we strive for accuracy, we do not guarantee the accuracy of the registry, nor do we offer any recourse should a duplication occur, no matter what the reason. We do not offer refunds, returns or exchanges should the purchaser discover that a duplicate or similar style has been purchased and/or worn by another person for the same event.
- ALL SALES ARE FINAL
In addition to school events, we can create a registry for formal special events such as military balls and charity events. Contact us for details.
Grad Central is a registered trade mark for Canada, and includes our dress registry.
© 2021 WEW Clothing Company Limited. All rights reserved.